Thursday, December 16, 2010

Meeting Jess Hogue, a future politician?

I attended my first political event tonight. Jess Hogue, a local teacher at Virginia College, announced that she was officially running for the Mississippi State Legislature. It was an intimate affair at a fantastically appointed home, not theirs, but beautiful, all the same.

Jess was such a friendly and amazing figure, and I will be writing a profile on her soon, published elsewhere She was easy to approach, listened intently and was driven on her message. Her campaign advisor was just as fascinating to speak to, and I think I may try to speak to him more.

Getting start struck by anyone who might appear in the paper still gets the better of me, so if I have any real chance of becoming a better writer, I suppose I should get over that!

No comments:

Post a Comment